Thursday, May 7, 2009

Track Reviewz: The Sounds "No One Sleeps When I'm Awake"

Ah. The Sounds. 
When I first heard their straightforward-rock-dance music it was blaring out the windows of a now defunct club on Sixth Street in Austin during a SXSW festival. 
Luckily, I was able to use my platinum Artist badge to sneak in and I've been a fan ever since. 
It doesn't hurt that their lead singer, Maja Ivarsson, is gorgeous as hell (tattooed forearm and all) and a dead ringer for Debbie Harry. 
The band recently dropped "No One Sleeps When I'm Awake," the lead single off their new album (out June 2) which sounds like the mantra of my last coked-out girlfriend. 
Sounds fans fret not: the song delivers. It's another mid-tempo rocker with synths and repetitive guitar leads that carry the instrumental parts.  
The catchy single just dropped on iTunes to hype the new record: "Crossing the Rubicon."
Check it out on their myspace, here.
There's also a lot of great new HD videos of the group performing new songs live on their page.
Doesn't that bleach-bloned beauty sound great? Uh, I mean the band's good too. Yeah. 

1 comment: